Good Mood Food: CBD Chocolate & Salted Caramel Cups
We love to explore the many innovative ways you can incorporate CBD into your daily routine and food is a fun and natural way to do this! Our brand ambassador and vegetarian food blogger, @PescatarianLdn, has created this delicious, melt in the mouth recipe for CBD-infused chocolate and salted caramel cups. Here, we show you how you can make this tasty treat at home too.
- 250g vegan-friendly Love Hemp Chocolate Bites
- 200g granulated sugar
- 200g heavy double cream (vegan cream also works perfectly)
- 1 flat teaspoon of sea salt flakes
- 14 x cupcake cases
- Roughly chop the Love Hemp Chocolate Bites, place in a heat proof bowl and melt over a simmering pan of boiling hot water. Stir often until the chocolate is completely melted and glossy in texture, then set aside.
- Arrange your cupcake cases on to a plate or baking tray and add two tablespoons of the melted chocolate to each of them, swirling the chocolate-filled cases in your hands to ensure the sides of the paper are thoroughly coated too – then pop into the fridge to cool.
- To make the caramel, pour the sugar into a heavy-bottomed saucepan over a medium heat, and do not stir until the sugar is completely melted and resembling a golden colour. As soon as the sugar is melted, immediately remove this from the heat and gradually add the heavy cream whilst stirring continuously (at this stage, the mixture should start to bubble!). When the mixture has turned into a rich caramel, pour into a heatproof container and set aside until slightly cool.
- Remove your chilled chocolate cups from the fridge and fill each of them with 1.5 teaspoons of the cooled caramel sauce, and then top with another teaspoon of the melted CBD-infused chocolate bites. Finish off with a quick sprinkling of sea salt flakes and refrigerate for 25 minutes before enjoying your CBD-infused treat.